Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Old Things...


Things have very busy around our house. Sadly, Jim Bob had to empty out his parent's condo as they have both moved to a nursing home. He did bring home some nice items that I will share soon. We also got to take a quick trip to Atlanta. I went antiquing while he had meetings. We stayed downtown. The homeless people around our hotel were very friendly. HA. We had dinner with friends @ Maggiano's one evening. YUM.

I found this gold koi candlestick @ the Historic Roswell Antique Market which was just about my favorite antique store there. Lots of dealers and beautiful displays. It was $7.50. Most items were pricier but worth it. The preserved boxwood ball is 6" in diameter. It is supposed to last with a once-a-month misting. It does have an odd odor which I am hoping will fade. Purchased from Bella Marie. I tried several different ball sizes from Sweet Boy's toy box to make sure I bought the right size.



My next purchase was the dark wood bamboo-style table with a brass tray on top. Looks like Bombay Company to me but there are no markings whatsoever. I will use it as a coffee table when needed. It is very light-weight and can be moved out of the way when the grandkids are here, which is almost every day. The table came from GasLamp Antiques in Nashville. Great place, lots of dealers, not too much junk.

No comments: